Laptop can’t connect Wifi? There may be a problem with the laptop so that it cannot connect to Wifi. For that, we will provide complete information about how to solve a laptop not being able to connect to WiFi easily.
The problem with your laptop can be seen when you and your friends are having fun using their respective laptops. At the same time, your laptop cannot connect to WiFi, while your friend’s laptop is smoothly surfing the internet.
From this incident, we assume that your laptop has a problem. What is the problem, of course, many factors cause the laptop to not be able to connect to the internet network. For that, we will review them in full one by one to make it easier for you to understand.
Your laptop is often slow when playing the internet? Please try how to speed up internet connection on a laptop the following.
Cause Laptop Cannot Connect Wifi
Before you solve the problems above, of course, you must first know the cause so that you don’t make the wrong repairs. Here we will explain some of the common causes that can result in a laptop not being able to connect to wifi.
- The Wifi indicator light on the laptop does not turn on or is always red, usually there is damage to the hardware on the laptop.
- The Wifi driver on the laptop has not been installed, usually when checked in the device manager there is a yellow question mark logo.
- Incorrect password or password entered on the Wifi network.
- There is a description limited access on the Wifi you are using.
- There is a description Wifi Unidentified on the Wifi used.
- For Windows 10 and 8 users, make sure Air Plane in condition Off.
The above are some common examples that cause laptops cannot connect to a Wifi network. After knowing the cause, let’s overcome it in a way that we will review below.
4 Ways to Overcome Laptops Cannot Connect Wifi
1. Internet Network Settings
To solve the wrong internet network settings, you must change the laptop internet network mode from manual to automatic (DHCP Mode). You can also use this method when available yellow triangle icon with exclamation mark on the Wifi network. Here are the steps.
- On Windows 10, Please click Wifi icon which is usually in the lower right corner of your Windows screen.
- Then click Network & Internet Settings then select Change Adapter Settings.
- Next step right click on Wifi Adapter, then select properties.
- Then double click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and choose Obtain and IP Address Automatically and Obtain DNS server Address Automatically.
- The final step, please click OK.
After doing the method above, try accessing the internet via a browser. If the website page opens, it means that you have successfully resolved the problem of a laptop that cannot connect to Wifi.
Want to delete some applications on a laptop? Please read how to delete apps on laptop.
2. Description Wifi Unidentified (Icon Exclamation mark)
If there is this information on your laptop, it can result in your laptop not being able to receive the IP Address and DNS server from the Wifi hotspot and impacting your laptop from being able to access the internet.
To fix this is very easy, you only need to do disconnect on the Wifi, then do connect back. Repeat it several times, bro! How, very easy right?
3. Description of Limited Access on Wifi Network
Never got a description Limited Access on your laptop when using a Wifi network? There are three possible causes, first your laptop is too far away so that it affects the signal, then the second is the amount of cache on wifi that causes bugs, then the last IP address you get automatically expires.
To solve some of these problems, you can follow the steps below.
- In Windows 7, please click Start Menu> Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Manage Wireless Network.
- In the Manage Wireless Network window, you will see several data cache from the Wifi you have used before.
- The final step is to delete these caches one by one. How: select a cache, then click remove.
4. Install or Update Wifi Drivers
If the three methods above haven’t solved the problem of a laptop that can’t connect to Wifi, we think there is a problem with the diver. The most appropriate step, of course, is to reinstall or update the driver. Come on, follow the method below.
- In Windows 10, please open File Explore first by clicking the search icon on Taskbar > then type File Explorer > then select File Explorer.
- Then right click on This PC or My Computer then select Properties.
- Then choose Device Manager.
- Please click on Netword Adapaters > then right click on the Wifi driver then select Driver Update to update or select Uninstall Device. Later there will be notification afterwards to reinstall the driver.
- When finished, right click again and select Scan for Hardware Changes.
The first thing before dealing with a laptop that cannot connect to a Wifi network is to know the cause first. Once you know this, it will be easier for you to choose the steps that we have described above.
If the method above still doesn’t work, it’s a good idea to try the help of your friends who understand computers. If necessary, just come to the service center to fix the damaged laptop.
That is the explanation that we can provide about how to deal with a laptop that cannot connect Wifi on the Teknobaik blog version. Hopefully the information above can help you to solve this problem. Thank you for reading this article until the end.