Information about how to speed up internet connection is quite a lot sought after by laptop and computer users. Especially for those who rely on a super fast internet connection to help their work.
This is indeed natural, given this very wide geographical location. Fast internet coverage is still a dream for many. Maybe if it is in the center of big cities in Indonesia, the internet connection is good enough because it is supported by adequate infrastructure. However, the story is very different in the suburbs or even in villages where the internet connection fluctuates.
For this reason, on this occasion, Teknobaik would like to provide information on how to speed up internet connection on laptops and computers.
How to Speed Up Internet Connection on Laptop / Computer
Below are several options that you can use to speed up internet connections on laptops and computers. You can choose the easiest option and suit your needs. Check out our explanation below.
1. Change Internet Bandwidth Settings
Operating system Windows is equipped with various features, one of which is setting the internet bandwidth. Internet bandwidth is the area of frequency coverage used by signals for data transmission purposes.
Generally, the default settings on your laptop are only around 20%. Now, to maximize it, use a larger bandwidth value by changing the settings on Computer Configuration. Here are the steps:
- Open the program Run by clicking a button Windows Logo and buttons R on the keyboard simultaneously.
- After appearing pop up Run, please type gpedit.msc in the column provided. Then click OK.
- Then double click on the section Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Network> Qos Packed Scheduler.
- Then click on the menu Resilient Bandwidth Limit and select the menu Enable. Then in parts Bandwidth Limit change to 0. Then click OK.
- The last step is please you restart the laptop you.
Also read the guide on How to Speed Up Windows 10. Even more wow!
2. Change DNS on Laptop / Computer
Speed up internet connection next is to change the old DNS settings on your laptop. Do you know DNS? DNS stands for Domain Name System which is used to search names on a laptop / computer that uses TCP / IP network facilities (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol).
You can change the DNS configuration to open DNS or you can also use Google DNS. From several sources, this method can increase internet connection speeds by up to 20%. Whew, it’s quite speeding! For details, you can follow the steps below.
- Please enter the section Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center.
- Then click WiFi connection connected to your laptop.
- On Wi-fi Status, you can click Properties.
- Then click on the section Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4), then click Properties.
- After that on the tab General, make sure you tick Use the Following DNS server addresses. Then change the DNS, Prefered DNS Server: 220.127.116.11 and Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- The final step is to click OK and please restart your laptop.
If you want to use DNS from Google, you only need to change the DNS. Prefered DNS Server: 22.214.171.124 and Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
3. Enable DNS Cache
The next step to speed up internet connection is to enable DNS Cache. Here are the steps.
- Open Notepad, then copy the following code.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesDnscacheParameters] “CacheHashTableBucketSize” = dword: 00000001 “CacheHashTableSize” = dword: 00000180 “MaxCacheEntryTtlLimit” = dword: 0000fa00 “MaxSOACacheEntryTtlLimit” = dword: 0000012d
- Save the code in Notepad with a name dnscache.reg
- To enable DNS Cache, double click on the dnscache.reg file and open the file every time you browse the internet to speed up your internet connection.
Want to remove some applications to speed up internet connection? Please read: How to Delete Applications on a Laptop
4. Choose a Quality Provider
Even though you have implemented the three methods above, you choose a provider that is not qualified and often gets annoyed. Of course it will not get maximum results. For that, choose a provider that is proven reliable and competent in providing internet networks in the area where you live.
You also don’t be tempted by cheap prices and crazy promotions, because a rather expensive price is certainly comparable to the quality of the internet connection provided by the provider. Agree?
5. Upgrade Browser
Upgrading the browser with the latest version of course can speed up internet connections on computers and laptops, because usually applications that are not updated regularly will experience a decrease in performance which can affect the speed of the internet connection.
In addition, the latest version of the browser will usually bring the latest features to speed up internet connections. For that, please check the browser on your laptop and computer, if you haven’t upgraded to the latest version, please upgrade first.
6. Upgrade Laptop Hardware
In addition to updating software such as browsers, you can also try hardware upgrades to speed up internet connections. Hardware performance is getting longer, of course, it will decrease so you need to improve performance to increase it.
If the devices you use such as RAM, processors, and hard drives have low capacity, this will affect the speed of your internet connection. For that, you must consider replacing or upgrading the hardware to be able to increase your internet connection. For those of you who want to check the specifications of your laptop, please read How to Check Laptop Specifications
Thus information on how to improve internet connection on laptops and computers. Hopefully this information can be useful for you and good luck. Thank you!