For techno friends who want to know how to lock a folder on a laptop on the Windows operating system. Now that you are on the right blog, see our review to the end so that you understand the information we share.
With the development of information technology as it is today, laptops or computers are really very helpful in many ways, from work, college assignments, school assignments, and so on which are then important and private data / files are neatly stored on the laptop / computer you.
For some people, there must be someone who doesn’t want important data or files on the laptop to be seen by others. Therefore, securing important data is an obligation that you can try.
There are several ways you can do to secure this important data, one of which we recommend is by locking the folder on the laptop. Take it easy, this method does not require additional software, you only need to follow the guidelines that we will provide below.
Your laptop often crashes and hangs? Try reading How to Overcome a Hang Laptop on Windows 7, 8, and 10
How to Lock Folder on Laptop in Windows 7, 8, 10
As we explained above, below we will share how to lock folders on a laptop without additional applications. Here are the steps you can try.
- The first step is that you first create the folder that you want to lock, in this guide we create a folder with a name Teknobaik.
- Enter the folder you created earlier, then create a new text file by using Right Click> New> Text Document
- Then enter Script Code below inwards Text Document.
Private Folder title
if EXIST “HTG Locker” goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder (Y / N)
set / p “cho =>”
if% cho% == Y goto LOCK
if% cho% == y goto LOCK
if% cho% == n goto END
if% cho% == N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Private “HTG Locker”
attrib + h + s “HTG Locker”
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to unlock folder
set / p “pass =>”
if NOT% pass% == PASSWORD_DISINI goto FAIL
attrib -h -s “HTG Locker”
ren “HTG Locker” Private
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Private created successfully
- Change writing PASWORD_DISINI with the password you want. For example, we use Teknobaik as the password for the Teknobaik Folder.
- After changing the password, please save the script in this way Save As and give it a name Locker.bat and replace Save As Type Becomes All Files
- After you create a folder Locker.bat, please delete the file New Text Document
- The next step, double-click the file locker earlier, the folder named will automatically appear Private. Well! The function of this Private Folder is to store your important data or files that you don’t want others to see. Please enter important data or files into the Private Folder.
- After you finish entering important data or files into the Private Folder. The next step is to run File Locker earlier, the way with double click. After that, you will definitely see a screen like the one below, press the button Y then Enter.
- After you click Enter earlier, then automatically Private Folders (the place to store your important data / files) will be lost.
- Take it easy, the folder is not really lost. To restore it is very easy, which is just two times on file locker, then enter the password that you created earlier to open it
- Not magic is not magic, Private Folder reappear. Hooray !!!
Your laptop is starting to slow down? Try reading How to Overcome a Slow Laptop
Forgot your password? Here’s the Overcome!
If you forgot your password because it took too long to lock it, the way to solve it is by right click, then select Edit. You can easily see the password, or you can also change the password to make it easier to remember. How to change the password is the same as what we explained in the point above.
That’s the information we can convey about how the laptop is in a folder on the Windows 7, 8, 10 operating system. Hopefully this information can be useful for all of you. Thank you!