Having a virus on a laptop device is a nightmare come true. This is because viruses can damage the work system on a laptop, can delete important data on a laptop, and other problems. For this reason, on this occasion we would like to share information on how to get rid of the most powerful laptop virus.
The most common cause of virus infection is when you are browsing the internet or plug and remove the flash drive carelessly. This is what usually becomes viral traffic to infect your laptop.
Until now, there are several types of viruses that have been found and most infect laptops, including:
Spyware is a virus that can install itself on a laptop device without prior notification. This program can take action to change laptop configuration or collect personal data. Very dangerous, right?
Worms are viruses that can spread quickly without requiring user interaction. In some cases, most of these types of viruses originate from infections that originate from an e-mail attachment received from someone. When the attached file is executed, it is in that position that the worm virus spreads rapidly.
This virus may be quite familiar to laptop or computer users, because this virus does exist. Trojan viruses are viruses that have the special ability to hide themselves in other programs found on laptop devices. Just like the two viruses above, this virus also has the ability to infect without notification and full interaction from the user.
After you know some of the most common types of viruses and often infect laptop or computer devices. Below we will explain in full how to clean viruses on a laptop. Listen to the end, bro.
How to get rid of viruses on a laptop
If you already know the right steps to remove and clean viruses on a laptop. This shouldn’t be such a difficult matter to do. Here are the steps you can try.
1. How to Get Rid of Viruses on Laptops Using Antivirus
Maybe all laptop users also know that the easiest way to remove virus infections on a laptop is with the help of an antivirus. Because you only need to install anvirus software, after that you can immediately use it to clean rogue viruses that have infected your laptop.
Currently, there are various antivirus brands on the market. In essence, antivirus is both good and has various advantages and disadvantages of these brands. One of the antivirus brands that we most often encounter is Windows Defender, Smadav, Avira, Avast, AVG, and so on.
The good thing is that when you have installed an antivirus, when the virus infiltrates and starts attacking your laptop. Usually the antivirus will quickly detect it. That way it will minimize the damage caused by the antivirus.
Do you want to activate your laptop’s default antivirus? Try reading this guide: How to Activate Windows Defender
Oh yes, if you are lazy to install antivirus for various reasons. Maybe you can try the method below by removing the virus without additional applications.
2. Use the Command Prompt
You can actually use the Command Prompt to get rid of viruses on a laptop. Here are the steps you can try.
- The first step is to click Start and type cmd. Then right click to run as administrator by clicking Run as administrator.
- For example, the goal is drive E, then you type dir E: -s -h / s / d then press enter. If you want to check drive besides E, you just have to replace the E teacher with the location you want to go to.
- After that the Command Prompt will check drive select and load all files on the drive. If you can’t, try to pay attention to what you typed again, be it punctuation or spaces.
- Then, you can find files that you think are foreign because you have never installed them before with .EXE. If you have found it, please delete the file.
- If it can’t be deleted, you can search via REGEDIT. How to click Start> Run> Regedit> Edit> Find> and enter the file name of the virus that you find in the Command Prompt and delete all registy which exists.
For those of you who have problems with your laptop and are required to do troubleshooting, try our guide here: How to enter Windows 10 Safe Mode
3. Turn off suspicious services through the Task Manager
The third step you can take to get rid of a virus on a laptop is to use the Task Manager. Here are the steps.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing a button CTRL + SHIFT + ESCAPE. Look carefully, if there is a suspicious service, just turn it off.
- Then, run Msconfig.
- After you enter the menu System Configuration, you can enter the options menu Service. You must remove all suspicious ticks.
- The next step is to enter the options Start Up. Here you can see the suspicious files earlier. You can mark the suspicious files.
- The final step is to go to Command Prompt, then look for the file name that you have marked as suspicious. Then delete it on Command Prompt, how to delete it is the same as we have described above.
4. Format the Partition
The next step for cleaning a laptop in Windows 7, 8, and 10 is to Format the partition that you believe is infected with a virus. This one method is classified as very risky and does not guarantee because it can delete all existing data and maybe your analysis is that the partition is infected with a virus. For those who have continued using this method, try reading about How to Restore Deleted Files on Laptop.
However, you can try this method with a note of the virus that you are experiencing hiding in a Flashdisk, memory card, or external hard drive.
The last step we recommend most for removing viruses on a laptop is Reinstalling. Yups, you can reinstall it if the infection on your laptop is so severe that the method we have described above cannot handle it properly.
Before reinstalling, make sure you have backed up important files or data so that during the reinstallation process, no important files or data are lost.
This is the information on how to get rid of the virus on the Teknobaik.com version of the laptop. You can try some of the methods that we have described above and hopefully the virus that infects your laptop will soon disappear to the roots.